On Thursday, April 27, Holland America Line’s ship Veendam kick started the 29th cruise season in Saint John. There will be a second kick off on Tuesday, June 6th with Royal Caribbean Cruise Line’s Grandeur of the Seas.
“Our Port Saint John, operations group, Meet & Greet volunteers and business development and marketing staff have been working in concert to ensure the guest and ship experience here exceeds expectations,” said Jim Quinn, President & CEO of Port Saint John. “We know that our industry and community partners are also gearing up to welcome the more than 200,000 guests and crew we are expecting this year.
The 2017 season includes 64 scheduled cruise ship calls, more than 144,000 guests, 58,000 crew and many notable visits and dates including:
- 1 inaugural call (Vision of the Seas on September 14)
- 12 double cruise ship days (September 5, 12, 13, 19, 20, 21, and 26 / October 5, 10, 16, 18, and 19)
- 4 triple cruise ship days (September 27 / October 4, 11, and 17)
- The return of Disney Cruise Line again for 2017 on 2 occasions (September 30 and October 4); and
- Anthem of the Seas, the largest cruise ship to call Port Saint John to date, will call 4 times (September 5, September 19, October 5, and October 19)
Port Saint John is Canada’s third largest port by volume and has a diverse cargo base, including dry and liquid bulk, break bulk, containers, and cruise.